Firstly I do love to Thank God for keeping me alive this year, this year has a lot of up and down
Before I begin my year review, I’d love to say this;
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop
Pls, pardon my F word. I decided to pick this title because of how crazy this year (2020) is, a lot of things happened in Nigeria, starting from government policies to #EndSars protest.
In this review, I will take you through everything that happened to me this year starting from my losses to my win/achievements, my relationship, my love life, and lastly my amazing friends and family.
- Got rejected by IBM 5 times even with referral 😭 and I fit very well for the position.
- Got rejected by Google once
- Aired by amazon
- Got rejected by Twitter 5 times even with referral and advice from their Diversity recruiter.
+ One rejection reason was that I don’t have experience with KPI, lol but I have experience with the other tools outlined.
- Got rejected by some startups that said they don’t have money to pay me.😭Innocent me that can accept any amount.
- Got rejected by almost 200 companies
- Failed instadeepai technical test because of anxiety😭
- Andela reached out to me but I didn’t get the job.
In all, I always tell myself to
“Keep Going · “Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying” and “Hold strong to your faith”
My Village People 1–0 Me
- Wrote a research paper
- Worked with my favourite ML engineer and researcher @ Wale Akinfaderin @ Vukosi and @ Adji Boussodieng
- Contract Lead Data Scientist for @ UN_Sudan atlas
- Helped a lot of people get started with Data Science and Machine Learning
- Built a topic modelling tool
- Started a Youtube channel. Pls Subscribe
- Core Contributor at Datasist with @ risingodegua @ _Kennyrich Brain Aboze and others
- Met amazing folks
- Didn’t commit suicide
- Mastered Data Science as an art
- 2 Years straight IBM recognition as an expert in Data and AI
- Got recognized by BBC
- Got a new PC
- Moved to Lagos
- I nearly got a million but just N10k left
- Gave talks in various event
- and a lot I can’t recall but well I have a bright future and I have something great to show you all soon
I am open to hiring. Pls🙏🙏 @ or mention any company or recruiter that is hiring for Data Scientist or ML engineer. I am open to relocating(UK or Canada)😭😭
I met a lot of amazing people and I got closer to God.
What does a poor man have to do with love?
Thank you so much, Theodora Isola, Deborah Alenkhe, Farida Adamu, Rising Odegua, Hack Sultan, Onyinyechi Chijoke, Ehi Aig, Emerald Mclaniyi, Sadia Memudu, Rosalyne Anziya, Andyln Orji, Peace Ojemeh, Samson Goddy, Agiri Abraham, Linda Ikechukwu, Tonye Harry, Steven F Oladele and others
In all, I give Thanks to God and I still hold strong to my faith that something great will happen this new year.